Just Let Others Decide If the Situation Fits Them or Not

I just pressed send on an email to colleagues about a workshop I will be facilitating with another teacher. The presenting teacher is excellent at helping little ones learn how to read using multisensory techniques.  I think she is going to provide the teachers with really useful information, and I look forward to working with her on this project. 


All day I have been working on the advertisement.  Should I say “Good for readers who struggle with reading texts at levels A-D? A-E?  Higher?”   I know some people have strong feelings about leveled texts, but I really wanted to give the teachers information to help them decide if they should attend.  Readers can struggle at an “M”, but our information isn’t going to be terribly helpful for them.   So I went back and forth.  From my morning shower until 3:00.


I started the Google Slide advertisement, put our Bitmojis on it, and then looked at the areas that we will address in the workshop - blending...phonemic awareness...etc. Then inspiration hit - why not just name the areas we will be addressing, and then teachers can decide for themselves if the information will be useful for them.  Duh.  So simple, yet it took so long. 


Lesson:  Sometimes the best thing is to give people information and then let them decide how to use it rather than telling them how they should.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lies I Tell Myself Every Stinkin' Day

Board Games in an RV: Who Knew How Much Fun That Could Be?

Morning Pre-Dog and Mornings With Dog