Lies I Tell Myself Every Stinkin' Day

I lie to myself.  Every day.  Multiple times.  


Tomorrow you will get up at 6:15 and not look at your phone or hit the snooze button.  Lies - I got out of bed at 6:35 after two snooze hits and looked at Facebook just to procrastinate.


You can take a five minute shower and be dressed by 6:45.  Lies - I was dressed around 6:53.


I can start Rory’s walk at 7:10.  Lie - I left my bedroom at 7:11.


You can make it to work on time by 8:40.  Truth.  I was in the parking lot at 8:35.

You will stay within your calorie range today.  BIG LIE - I was making chocolate chip cookies and probably ate at least four before they hit the oven.  (I can’t be expected to not eat cookie dough.  What kind of person would I be if I didn’t taste test the cookies before I gave them away?)


Lights will be out by 10:30. Lie - I had to finish my book club book, and then I wanted to send a text to my son at college.  Then he responded so I had to see that, too.  Lights out at 11:21.


I take an extra 15 seconds to set my alarm for tomorrow.  6:15?  That sounds like the perfect time to get up.  I think tomorrow will be the day that this really happens………


Lesson learned: None.  Absolutely none. Or...I'm an eternal optimist?

Comments

  1. What a fun post! I enjoyed the tone throughout, and especially the last sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your title was catchy and your slice made me laugh! I can totally connect to this post! And the ending was great--lesson learned? None! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Eternally optimistic, yes! There is always tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great format. Only I'm not sure I want to admit all the times I lie to myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Board Games in an RV: Who Knew How Much Fun That Could Be?

Morning Pre-Dog and Mornings With Dog