Reflecting on (Almost) a Month of Daily Blogging
29 Days of writing! This is a record for me. I am excited that I have blogged every day and done my three comments. I really have learned so much from reading the other blogs and from the comments on my blog.
It’s funny - some days I have a topic in mind and the writing comes easily. Other days, I have no idea and have to sit and figure something out. Bonus points if I figure out a topic for the next day that I actually write down! Sometimes I am thinking I will go one way and then the writing takes a turn. For the better or worse, I have no idea.
As a writing teacher, these are all of the ideas I have been discussing with my kids. It’s funny to watch them in real life in real time, and now I feel like I have a better foundation to hold a discussion about the writing process.
Will I still write every day starting April 1st? Probably not. But I really want to keep up a writing habit on a regular basis. I find that I can really commit to one “extra-curricular” a month, and this month was keeping a blog. (Next month is stretching and strength exercises!) But I am going to set a writing goal, and I feel like it will stick because of this month’s foundation.
Lesson learned: Challenge yourself to do something new. You never know what will be the result or what you will learn.
Comments
Post a Comment